Equivalent of a Global Counter

Subject: Equivalent of a Global Counter
From: Matthew Bentley <matthew.bentley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:38:23 +1100
I thought about using parameters for this, but it wouldn't work.
I need to generate some data in tags, and the data is a number which needs
to increment for every element encountered. The procedural response is a
global counter. You can't do this via parameters as the number will
(effectively) decrement every time you exit an element.
Any ideas?
M@
WARNING -This e-mail, including any attachments, is for the
personal use of the recipient(s) only.
Republication and re-dissemination, including posting to news
groups or web pages, is strictly prohibited without the express
prior consent of
Thomson Legal & Regulatory Group Asia Pacific Ltd
ACN 058 914 668