Re: how can I get the subelement

Subject: Re: how can I get the subelement
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 00:18:32 GMT
> It just strange

what's strange? You get the output that I'd expect.

You get the same result from your stylesheet as you'd get from a
stylesheet that had no templates at all, ie the result of the default
templates which just give you the character data from the input.

You wrote

<xsl:template match="//author/*" >

It is always redundent to start a match with //.
so that is equivalent to

<xsl:template match="author/*" >

which is the template that matches any child element of an author
element. But your author elements don't have element children
just text. So your styleheet effectively has no templates.

I don't know what you are trying to achieve, so not sure what
you do want instead of this.

David