RE: Equivalent of a Global Counter

Subject: RE: Equivalent of a Global Counter
From: Matthew Bentley <matthew.bentley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:03:37 +1100
>so, something like
>
>  <xsl:variable name="x">
>    <xsl:number level="any" count="xxxx"/>
>  <xsl:variable>
>  <prov id="...{$x}">
>    <xsl:apply-templates/>
>  </prov>

BTW, I used this example as the basis for my eventual solution - I tried
post-processing but realised it wouldn't work because the id's inherit the
id of their parent, so thanks heaps for your help.
The end result is rather slow compared to a counter based method, but at
least I didn't use omnimark (which was the alternative language).
M@
WARNING -This e-mail, including any attachments, is for the
personal use of the recipient(s) only.
Republication and re-dissemination, including posting to news
groups or web pages, is strictly prohibited without the express
prior consent of
Thomson Legal & Regulatory Group Asia Pacific Ltd
ACN 058 914 668