Re: Q.) Encode URL inside HTML Anchor Tag.

Subject: Re: Q.) Encode URL inside HTML Anchor Tag.
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 22:03:59 -0700 (MST)
Jeni Tennison wrote:
> Is Saxon just following the instructions for the HTML output method
> [...]
> Or does it go beyond this?

Yes, SAXON goes beyond this. SAXON escapes characters in the ASCII range
that are reserved in URIs. e.g., the space character becomes %20. This is
only fine if you don't already have a URI, which by definition is properly
escaped already.

The section you referenced only refers to non-ASCII characters (i.e.,
&#128; and higher) and I don't believe that automatically escaping these
upon output is in any way problematic.

   - Mike