Re: Copying a portion of a subtree in its entirety including retaining the attribute and text info

Subject: Re: Copying a portion of a subtree in its entirety including retaining the attribute and text info
From: Mike Mahoney <mmahoney@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:47:18 -0700
Using the xsl:copy-of as you described with Saxon, what I get back is:
text
moretext

My .xsl file looks like this now.
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    <xsl:template match="Object1">
         <xsl:copy-of select="Filter"/>
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

My .xml file has a <?xml version="1.0"?> at the start of it besides what
I included in my original post.

First of all, I'm only getting the text portion of my data returned, I
need everything. Secondly, it's returning the text portion for Object2
which I'm not even matching on. If I change the select statement to
select 'stuff' which is also under Object1 then all I get returned is
'moretext' which is within Object2.

Why am I not getting everything from 'Filter' down and why is it also
returning items within Object2 when I'm only matching on 'Object1'. This
is becoming extremely confusing for me.

Thanks for any help.

>>> davidc@xxxxxxxxx 11/20/00 09:50AM >>>

The subject line above is exactly a description of xsl:copy-of so you
just
want something ike

<xsl:template match="Object1">
<xsl:copy-of select="Filter"/>