Re: Implementing "value-of" on a (DOM) Node

Subject: Re: Implementing "value-of" on a (DOM) Node
From: Gerard Maas <gerard.maas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:57:31 +0100
Well, In my hurry I found a way to do it:

    XObject obj = XPathAPI.eval(node,".");
    String result = obj.toString();

If the node is a element node with children, you could even refer to them
using the relative XPath

    XObject obj = XPathAPI.eval(node,"-path goes here-");

I'm very happy it's working!

It is even possible to iterate over a nodeList. That's useful to generate
things like tables or menus.

Thanks anyway!! :-)

Gerard.