Re: doctype

Subject: Re: doctype
From: Oliver Becker <obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 19:53:11 +0100 (MET)
> Hi, I am trying to find out the doctype , i.e top level element name, in
> order to load an additional file, whose name is based on the doctype.
[...]
> I think it should close to the following, but I am still missing the ???
> part?
>   <xsl:variable name="DocType">
>     <xsl:value-of select="???"/>
>   </xsl:variable>
>   <xsl:variable name="RecordLayouts" select="document(concat($DocType,
> 'else.xml'))"/>

For the name of the top level element (in XML terms the "document element") use
<xsl:value-of select="name(/*)" />

BTW, your code can be written much shorter:
Step 1:
replace
<xsl:variable ..>
   <xsl:value-of select=
<(xsl:variable>
with
<xsl:variable name=... select="the expression from value-of" />

Step 2:
Use the expression where you need it (if it's only once):
<xsl:variable name="RecordLayouts"
              select="document(concat(name(/*),'else.xml'))"/>

Cheers,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |