Expressing XSLT in UML???

Subject: Expressing XSLT in UML???
From: "Michael J. Hudson" <mhudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:24:00 -0500
Here's something new and interesting that I'd be interested in seeing
or hearing about?  Is there a way to express XSLT in some sort of
UML diagram?  My current project uses XML as both the interface and
the data into and out of the system.  There is a lot of XSLT
infrastructure there doing a lot of conversions and transformations.
Now, our normal non-XSLT code, a la Java, is well documented in
class and sequence diagrams... however, for now, each XSLT file is
a just "stereotyped" class diagram with nothing else in it, and thus
show just a 'use' relationship in our diagrams.

It would be great if there was some way to also show some logical
structure to our current and future XSLT code.  Would each template
be a class diagram?  Maybe activity diagrams?  I don't know... wondered
if anyone else has thought about this?

Any thought would be greatly appreciated!

Michael J. Hudson
Software/Framework Engineer
mhudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cell-phone: 703.362.8039