Re: scanning a tree

Subject: Re: scanning a tree
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:38:47 GMT
   I need to run an xsl stylesheet on my xml tree that do the following :

   on every node in my xml tree I have a tag named 'modified' that tells me if
   the current node has been modified.

tags don't have names, they are just syntax for showing element names.
I assume you mean every element has an attribute named modified?
In the following I assume that this modified attribute always has value
yes or no.

   I need to hold a flag that will tell me if one of the nodes has been
   modified !

   this flag will be the first tag in the  result tree:

<xsl;template match="/">
	 <modified>
<xsl:choose>
 <xsl:when test ="//*[@modified='yes']">yes</xsl:when>