RE: "Grammar not found" error when trying to load XSL Namespace

Subject: RE: "Grammar not found" error when trying to load XSL Namespace
From: "Clapham, Paul" <pclapham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:36:35 -0800
><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>                xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform/";
>                xmlns:JavaXML="http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/javaxml/";

Try leaving off the trailing "/" you have after "Transform".

>I can reach the namespace docuement directly via netscape from the same
>machine, so I know it's not a connectivity problem. Also, it does appear
>that the document is partially translated. Anyone have any thoughts? TIA.

As I understand it, the namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
isn't exactly a URL that causes the parser or translator to go looking on
the Internet for something.  Instead, it's just a long and elaborate
constant that tells the translator that you are using a certain dialect of
XSL.  I have successfully run XSL transformations on machines that have no
connection to the Internet.