Re: XSL Namespace Confusion

Subject: Re: XSL Namespace Confusion
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:09:27 -0700 (MST)
Steven.C.Kienle@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>   I've been using the following for my stylesheet namespace attribute:
>
>           xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
>
>   but recently I've seen a reference to the following:
>
>           xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0";

The second one was valid for the XSLT 1.0 working drafts of Aug 1999, July
1999, and April 1999. Starting with the proposed recommendation of October
1999 and continuing with the recommendation of November 1999, XSLT 1.0
uses the first one.

The only time you need the 2nd one is if you are using an XSLT processor
that was written between April 1999 and October 1999...

   - Mike