Re: zero-digit

Subject: Re: zero-digit
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:50:15 -0400 (EST)
At 1 Dec 2000 08:43 -0500, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
 > James Clark just told me that changing the zero digit will indeed
 > change the 1 digit, 2 digit, and so on. This is not very well
 > documented in either Java or XSLT, but it is indeed the expected
 > behavior. For example, setting the zero-digit to A would set

That's good, but while both Tamil and Ethiopic are encoded in the
Unicode Standard, neither Tamil nor Ethiopic have a zero-digit.  (0,
i.e., DIGIT ZERO, is used with Tamil, but I don't know where I got
that information for my book.)  I don't have any call for using either
script, but what would a person do?

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632