RE: Problems with function and expression

Subject: RE: Problems with function and expression
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:11:00 -0000
> 1. function document does not allow relative path - if I use
> document('somethig.xml'), it does not work. (Now I use provisionally
> absolutely path '/something/xml', which is the path of th root).

document() does allow relative URIs. If it doesn't work then you are either
doing something wrong, or using a very crummy implementation.
document('something.xml') looks for document.xml in the same directory as
the stylesheet. One possible explanation is that you've loaded the
stylesheet in such a way that the system doesn't know where it came from,
e.g. from a string buffer in memory.

> 2. I have boolean variable $var. Now I want to use it like this:
>  <xsl:if test="$var">
>
> But the result is still true, not depending on $var.

Give us a clue, show us the <xsl:variable> statement where you gave $var its
value. I bet it wasn't
<xsl:variable name="var" select="false()"/>, but beyond that, we're
guessing.

Mike Kay