[xsl] NEWBIE: Instant Saxon and Unicode Entity problem

Subject: [xsl] NEWBIE: Instant Saxon and Unicode Entity problem
From: "Graham Diehl" <grahamdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:58:26 -0400 (EST)
Hi,

I'm using XSL and Instant Saxon 5.5.1 to transform XML to XML.

I've run into a problem where the unicode character entities are being stripped.

Input:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<text>
The Score can be used to control all of the following sprite characteristics EXCEPT&hellip;
</text>

(Snip) Stylesheet:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon"; extension-element-prefixes="saxon">
<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/>
<xsl:template match="text">
<text>
<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</text>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Output:
<text>
The Score can be used to control all of the following sprite characteristics EXCEPT?¿
</text>

And to add to the situation, I have two separate pools of XML input, one with ascii-us, the other with utf-8.

If I am missing something very elementary, would you please provide me with a url or expert advice ;^) ?

Thanks in advance,
Graham