Re: [xsl] multiple XML tags -> single output

Subject: Re: [xsl] multiple XML tags -> single output
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:54:36 -0700 (MST)
Pasupathi,

When starting a new thread, please create a new message, or at least
change the subject line.

Pasupathi wrote:
> <?xml:stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="SlideShow.xsl" ?>

This should be
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="SlideShow.xsl"?>

This is a processing instruction that MSXML (in IE5) will utilize.
The use of ':' instead of '-' is incorrect.

The type="text/xsl" and href="..." is information specific to MSXML.
I mention this because text/xsl is only a valid media type on Windows
platforms; when the standard is finalized the real media type will be
something like application/xsl-xml. [1]

>         <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>

This is specific to *old* versions of MSXML. It is saying that the
'xsl:' prefix is bound to the URI that refers to a very old working draft
of the XSL spec (before there was even XSLT).

Please see the MSXML FAQ at http://www.netcrucible.com/xslt/msxml-faq.htm

> It is working good in IE. But not opening in Netscape browser. Is there any
> different Namespace has to be given for Netscape browser. Please help me to
> get the solution.

Netscape does not have built-in support for XSL transformations!

   - Mike
Mike J. Brown, software engineer at            My XML/XSL resources:
webb.net in Denver, Colorado, USA              http://skew.org/xml/

 [1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-09.txt