Re: [xsl] Dynamic creation of frames & the data within

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dynamic creation of frames & the data within
From: Jiri Jirat <Jiri.Jirat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 09:45:17 +0100
Hello Linda,
 I think you may find our JavaScript&DOMFactory very useful, try:

http://www.zvon.org/xxl/JSDOMFactory/index.html

You can make a lookup for DOM objects, view their methods and
properties.

You can also test JavaScript commands.

But it won't work with Netscape 4.x, you must have Netscape 6.0 or
Mozilla,
or IE 5.x.

Best regards
Jirka

Linda Santiago wrote:

> Thanks Chris for the info!
>
> So far it has worked with IE not Netscape:
>
> In Netscape this call has an error:
>   document.frames("main").document.open("text/html", "replace")
> The error is:
>   document.frames is not a function
>
> Should this be coded different for IE vs Netscape? Should I be using a
> specific version of Netscape or IE?
>
> Also, don't know about the other guy using my thread!
>
> Linda A Santiago
> ISX Development/T&M ISU
> Phone:  (954) 938-3935, T/L 599-3935
> Fax:        (954) 958-6970, T/L 599-6970
> E-Mail:   lasantia@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>@lists.mulberrytech.com on 12/28/2000
> 03:39:37 PM
>
> Please respond to xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Sent by:  owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> To:   <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc:
> Subject:  RE: [xsl] Dynamic creation of frames & the data within
>
> Linda,
> As a beginner I can see you had problems with these 2 explanations.
> Here is a frame html that will simply populate one frame.
> Save the following to demo.html and put your xmlfile.xml and xslfile.xsl
> files in the same place.
> DEMO.HTML-----------------------------------
>
> <head>
> <title>Example</title>
> <script language="javascript">
> function populateFrames(){
> //debugger;
>      var x = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
>      var s = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
>      x.async = false
>      s.async = false
>      x.load("xmlfile.xml");
>      s.load("xslfile.xsl");
>      var html = x.transformNode(s);
>      var destination = document.frames("main").document.open("text/html",
> "replace");
>      destination.write(html);
> }
> </script>
> </head>
>
> <frameset onload="populateFrames()" rows="64,*">
>   <frame name="header" scrolling="no" noresize target="main">
>   <frame name="main">
> </frameset>

> FINISH----------------------------------------
>
> This doesn't need any html src files in the frame because it opens the
> "main" frame document and writes the result of the transformation directly
> into it.
> var destination = document.frames("main").document.open("text/html",
> "replace");
> destination.write(html);
> If you have an html files loaded in the "main" frame then you could do this
> instead
> var destination = document.frames("main").document.body.innerHTML = html;
> It all depends on wether the result of your transform is a complete html
> page or just a fragment of html.
>
> Ciao Chris
>
> XML/XSL Portal
> [...]

 <name firstName="Jirka" surname="Jirat"/>
 <mail>     jiratj@xxxxxxxxx  </mail>
 <support>  http://www.zvon.org </support>