Re: [xsl] Name of current node's parent?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Name of current node's parent?
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 23:01:40 -0700 (MST)
Michael Lee wrote:
> Let's say this is a fragment of an XML document:
>
>    <a>
>       <b></b>
>       <c></c>
>    <a>
>
> Instead of using
>
>    <xsl:template match="b/c">
>    </xsl:template>
>
> I want to use something like
>
>    <xsl:template match="c">
>       <xsl:if test="boolean-expression"></xsl:if>
>    </xsl:template>
>
> To check and see if the parent of <c> is <b> or not.

Now you are asking for something different.

<xsl:if test="../b">

or

<xsl:if test="parent::b">

You're just identifying a node-set containing all 'b' elements
that are along the parent axis. The set will contain 0 or 1 node.
The boolean test will be true if the set has at least 1 node.

There is also the name() function which takes a node-set argument,
but in this case it wouldn't be necessary.

   - Mike