Re: [xsl] Keyword xsl:param may not be used in namespace http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl

Subject: Re: [xsl] Keyword xsl:param may not be used in namespace http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:21:56 GMT

   I get this error while running on IE5.0  .

    Keyword xsl:param may not be used in
    namespace http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl

    I downloaded and updated with latest
    msxml3.

    What should be the correct namespace?
    This error goes off if I use the
    "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Tranform";>
    namespace...but that throws up some
    other errors ( which did not exist
    earlier with the WD-xsl namespace.

    Thanks
    Krishnan

see the faq for this list. If you have installed MSXML3 then you have
the choice of two entirely different languages: one is called
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Tranform and is what is meant by XSL or XSLT
on this list and in any documentation other than Microsofts.
the other is called  http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl  and is what is called
XSL in Microsofts documentation but is a language that only exists in
IE5.

So if your stylesheet is written in IE5 dialect you can't just simply
change the namespace to use XSLT, You have to rewrite the program to use
that different language. (Microsoft supply a program that will automate
much of the conversion)

As has already been mentioned several times this week, more on this at

 http://www.netcrucible.com/xslt/msxml-faq.htm

David