RE: [xsl] Does XSL have arrays?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Does XSL have arrays?
From: "Clapham, Paul" <pclapham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 08:46:06 -0800
Rosa I-Ting Cheng wrote:
> Can anyone please tell me whether XSL has arrays?
> I'm trying to count the days between two dates

I don't believe you need arrays to do this.  You need an algorithm that
converts a date (year, month, and day) into an absolute day number starting
from some arbitrary starting date.  There are algorithms for this that just
involve calculations and don't require an array storing the number of days
in each month.  I have lost the one that I used back in the 1970's, but I
recall that it involved multiplying the month number by 28.35 or something
like that.  You could probably find one of these algorithms published on the
Internet somewhere.

PC2