[xsl] Re: XSL:FO support for full-page "background-image"?

Subject: [xsl] Re: XSL:FO support for full-page "background-image"?
From: Tony Coates <Tony.Coates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 15:16:12 +0000

Congratulations to the RenderX guys for getting background images working over
the weekend (2.01 release)!  I'm impressed.  Works for me now.  My one comment
is that if you make the background image size the same as the page size, the
resulting PDF file cannot be opened by Acrobat 4.0.  However, if you make the
background image size some tiny fraction smaller in each dimension (I used 10
microns), then it is OK.  I'm not sure if this should be considered a bug or a
feature of one application or another.  I'm just very happy to have background
images working.  For those of you coming to XML DevCon Europe in London, I'm
planning to use FO to generate my conference slides (I've been using SVG, but
there are issues there with line wrapping).

     Cheers,
          Tony.
========
Anthony B. Coates