Subject: [xsl] [OT?] Your opinion please? From: ":-Koshy Kerteya-:" <koshy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 22:03:29 +0800
I would like to hear everyone's opinions on this...
We have data, basically in a xml format
And we are thinking of several solutions for a web-based solutions to
We are not going to use client-side xml/xsl ms solution , although that can
be very tempting
Basically, we thought of
- JSP (to control screens 4 different users)+ servlets + JavaBeans ,with
Javabean storing the generated HTML codes and displaying the data
The JavaBean will also run the parser + XSLTProcessor to read in a XSL , to
give the HTML
- JSP with no JBs but the processor will be invoked via servlet, and
generated output be displayed
- JSP + servlets + JavaBeans , with javabean just getting the data and
displaying it in another JSP
- XML/XSLT solution (like what's in Cocoon publishing framework) with no
JSP/Servlet at all
Main thing :-
- future expansion of providing services to mobile devices such as mobile
- letting our client have the ability to customize layout easily
- presentation layer and data layer are as "seperate" as possible
We might be using EJB in future
I've read somewhere it's not good to store HTML in Javabeans ? Although I
forgot what exactly the argument is for ...
Anyone who has tried out / thought about the above solutions?
Which one is better and in what scenerio ?
We would like to minimize code changes (since we have several
phrases...well who dont? :) )