Re: [xsl] Preserving character references?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Preserving character references?
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:15:44 +0000
At 09:29 AM 1/12/01 +0000, David wrote:
your processor may allow some control (external to XSL) over the way the
XML output method linearises these characters, but you'd only be able
to control whether characters were (always) output in hex or decimal,
or via a general internal entity in some DTD, the information about how
that character was entered in the source file just isn't there.

That'd be a nice feature, to "re-reference" entities on output. Does anyone know any processors that support this?

I'd particularly like to get named entities back, e.g. my "&eacute;" and "&nbsp;" etc. Currently I do the pre-/post-processing thing, but I'd be happy if the output handler could relieve me of the chore. In my case, ensuring consistency of the referencing in the output would be a happy side-effect.

Cheers,
Wendell