[xsl] DOCTYPE

Subject: [xsl] DOCTYPE
From: Edierley Messias <edierley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:18:47 -0200 (EDT)
Hello people,

In my xml document a have the doctype declaration:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml";>
<wml>
  <card id="a">
      Hello.
  </card>
</wml>

When a use the XalanJ-1.2 processor to copy the xml document, the Xalan
contacts the site wapforum and take the DTD definition to the document,
like this (I took of many lines to show better in the email):

<!--
Wireless Markup Language (WML) Document Type Definition.
Copyright Wireless Application Protocol Forum Ltd., 1998,1999.
                      All rights reserved.
<!-- Navigation and event elements -->
<!-- card intrinsic events -->
<!-- card field types -->
<!-- ampersand -->
<!--
Copyright Wireless Application Protocol Forum Ltd., 1998,1999.
                      All rights reserved.
-->
<wml>
  <card id="a">
      Hello.
  </card>
</wml>

I want to Xalan to copy the <!DOCTYPE> declaration, and not
replace with the DTD definition.
Can I do this in Xalan?

And if I do not put the <!DOCTYPE> declaration, and put some entity like
&nbsp; the Xalan show the following error:

  XSLT: The entity "nbsp" was referenced, but not declared.
  Xalan: was not successful.

Well, I need the entity referenced and declared, but I can't put the DTD
definition in the document, I wante only the <!DOCTYPE> declaration.

Any ideas?
Thank you very much in advance.