Re: [xsl] Checking for unique mail adresses

Subject: Re: [xsl] Checking for unique mail adresses
From: "Michael Beddow" <mbnospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:13:00 -0000
Heiner,

> I've got a problem with a quite chaotic XML file (generated from
> several thousands of mails :-P )
>[...]
> But now I need to know which ones are unique, i.e. sort out the
> double ones. Not just that, problem is, there might be other text in
> a <mail> element, like the user's name.

I expect you're going to be told that this is another grouping
problem,
but my inclination in the face of this particular one would be to
take my XSLT hat off and reach for my Desperate Perl Hacker's
costume.

XSLT can do many wonderful things, but it isn't IMHO the right
tool for doing mass cleanups of text data of the kind you need.

Michael