RE: [xsl] JAXP and Coccoon

Subject: RE: [xsl] JAXP and Coccoon
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:35:35 -0000
> does anyone know if JAXP won't in
> fact make it easier to create a purely Java based solution similar to
> Coccoon?

Cocoon has aspirations to be a complete web publishing environment, and
there is certainly plenty of scope there that goes way beyond what JAXP 1.1
does, which is merely to drive XSLT transformations. For example, document
caching, rule-based stylesheet selection, support of alternative browsers
and other delivery media, support for version control, personalisation, etc.
etc. What I'm not clear on, however, is how far down this road Cocoon
currently goes: as far as I can see, most people actually use it as a rather
simple "XSLT driver".

Mike Kay