Re: [xsl] Detecting presence of attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Detecting presence of attributes
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 05:12:02 -0800 (PST)
Hi Peter,

In case the value was not a list of entity names, but of type IDREFS,
then the id() function will return a nodeset of nodes that have one of
the id-s in the list as the value of their ID attribute.

Then you could iterate on these ID values -- fortunately, only the
first node having a particular @ID value will be returned (as stated in
Mike Kay's book).

Therefore, the XPath expression you might find useful would be:

id(@foo)/@ID

However, it seems to me that this is not exactly your case. In any case
the list of names can be processed recursively.

In Saxon there's saxon:tokenize().

Dimitre.