Re: [xsl] XInclude in Cocoon

Subject: Re: [xsl] XInclude in Cocoon
From: "Bill Humphries" <bill@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:50:16 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeni Tennison" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Dylan Walsh" <Dylan.Walsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 8:05 AM
Subject: [xsl] XInclude in Cocoon

> Excellent :) Can you explain how to use it? I couldn't find anything
> about it anywhere immediately obvious in the documentation. Plus I'm
> running Cocoon 1.8 and I get nowhere with either:

I was playing with XInclude in Cocoon 1.8.2 over the weekend. It's neat.

You declare the XInclude namespace in your XML file, then you can use it at
least three ways:

Wholesale include of an XML file.
Wholesale include of a text file. (you use the parse attribute of the
include element to control this)
Or the inclusion of a some nodes from an XML file specified by an XPath
expression.

The xinclude folder in the examples walks you through this.

The addition of the xinclude framework got me past a caching issue that was
annoying me.

-- Bill Humphries (http://www.whump.com/moreLikeThis/)