Re: [xsl] XInclude in Cocoon

Subject: Re: [xsl] XInclude in Cocoon
From: "Bill Humphries" <bill@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:53:33 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Flynn" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 12:13 PM

> Do you have to strip the XML Declaration and the DocType Declaration
> from an XML file before letting it be included? Or can you leave them
> on? What happens if the file you include is not syntactically valid wrt
> the DTD of the file you're including it in?

1) No, XInclude takes care of that for you.

2) I don't know what happens if you include an invalid (as opposed to a
non-well formed) file.

You can see this in action at:
http://honeybomb.dhs.org:81/cocoon/gg/index.xml.

This is a Mac G3 running Tomcat and Cocoon 1.8.2. I combine a local XML file
(edited using Blogger) with two RSS feeds.

-- Bill Humphries ( http://www.whump.com/moreLikeThis/ )