Re: [xsl] format-number underspecified (Was: XSLT 1.1 comments from Steve Muench)

Subject: Re: [xsl] format-number underspecified (Was: XSLT 1.1 comments from Steve Muench)
From: "Steve Muench" <Steve.Muench@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:33:41 -0800
Uche,

| Jeremy and I are good C programmers.  I have about a decade of experience
| in the language.

I surely intended no insult on your programming experience or skill with
my previous comment.

| I am telling you that with my own fingers
| I struggled with format-number() in C to put together an efficient
| implementation for 4Suite.

I fully understand.

| they will do very well to consider that few
| open-source authors have the resources of Oracle.

No considerations about the resources of Oracle figured
into the WG's decision to describe format-number() as it
came to be described in the spec. Good or bad, it's part
of the rec. We can learn from your feedback to try and
not duplicate the experience.