Re: [xsl] "expected markup declaration" error

Subject: Re: [xsl] "expected markup declaration" error
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 09:02:28 +0000
Peter Flynn wrote:
> Now maybe I've missed something, but this says it was looking for a
> stylesheet Processing Instruction (and therefore presumably didn't
> find one). And it was looking for it at line 8, which is where your
> root element start-tag was.

I think that Saxon displays the 'looking for stylesheet PI' message
while it's parsing the source XML - it parses it first into a node
tree and then looks for the PI within that - but I could be wrong.
Mike will obviously be able to confirm.

That, and the message when the PI was removed, are what led me to
think it was a parse problem with the element start tag. Ahh...
perhaps it's that there's no !ELEMENT declaration for the root
element? Perhaps Dave's using a validating parser and it's complaining
because the DTD isn't complete? Dave, have you tried checking that the
XML document on its own is well-formed (and valid) XML?

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison