Re: [xsl] A theoretical question

Subject: Re: [xsl] A theoretical question
From: Laurent Tardif <laurent.tardif@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 15:58:12 +0100
On the first page of W3C site : http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/

What is XSL?

XSL is a language for expressing stylesheets. It consists of two parts:

     XSL Transformations (XSLT): a language for transforming XML
documents

     An XML vocabulary for specifying formatting semantics (XSL
Formatting Objects)

> mcarrasc mcarrasc wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
>    I´m beginning with XSL, and i have a big gap in my
> small knownledgements :) and I guess you don´t mind to
> answer me, thanks.
>
> I´m really confuse with XSL, XSLT, XSL Formatting
> Objects.. I don´t know who is who here, because i was
> searching in the W3C website, and there are
> recommendations for all of them. What is the
> difference between XSL and XSL FO? And XSL and XSLT?
> and all the possible combinations among them :)
>
> Thank you very much, and congratulations for your
> list. It´s very useful. Thanks again.

   ,-~~-.___.         Laurent Tardif
  / |  '     \            Tel    : (+33) 4 76 61 53 83
 (  )         0	      //  Mail   : laurent.tardif@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  \_/-, ,----'	     //	  Web    : http://www.inrialpes.fr/opera & exmo &
Flumedia.org
     ====           //	  Bureau : B 206
    /  \-'~;    /~~~(O)   add    : Projet OPERA
   /  __/~|   /       |		   Inria Rhone-alpes, 655 avenue de l'europe
 =(  _____| (_________|	  	   38330 Montbonnot St Martin