Re: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 1.1 comments
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 08:45:50 -0500
At 01/02/13 17:10 -0500, Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Obvious choice is to form an OASIS TC
> >
> > Good luck.
>
> I've beeen plain spoken.  Do you care to return the courtesy?

You mean about Oasis?  My feeling is that Oasis isn't the place to do this
sort of thing, from past experience.  But that isn't a lot of experience (I
tried to get them to deal with TrAX), so I could be mistaken.

The way the TC process works, addressing opportunities isn't accomplished by "trying to get [OASIS] to deal with [whatever]". TCs are started by members interested in addressing an opportunity and taking advantage of the process themselves ... it is, after all, a volunteer effort.

I'm not sure
what TC stands for, so that may show my level of ignorance.

I'm not sure what you are looking for beyond "Technical Committee" ... the TC process is an infrastructure with which any member organization can accomplish a development entirely in the public view with a tractable, robust, and legally accountable process.

OASIS has an open invitation to any interested community of XML users or developers to take advantage of the process within the consortium.

The process is documented at:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/workprocess/200007/msg00021.html

I hope this helps.

-- G. Ken Holman Crane Softwrights Ltd. OASIS Contributor Member http://www.oasis-open.org