RE: [xsl] multilingual web site

Subject: RE: [xsl] multilingual web site
From: "Kearney, Bryan" <bkearney@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:23:41 -0700
We are looking at a design where XSL is used to pre-process a set of other
XSL templates. For example:

1) Source.xsl has the structure of the xsl to be generate.. but no text. All
text is specified by a special tag like <myText id="12"/>

2) Merge.xsl - Uses a key to lookup the id against a localized string file.

3) A process which iterates over a series of Source.xsl one for each
language specific strings file.

The belief is that the language translation is "dynamic" but not reall
dynamic on a per user requets. This allows us to change the language or the
structure independent.

-- bk