Re: [xsl] Re: implements-prefix vs implements-namespace

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: implements-prefix vs implements-namespace
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 13:43:05 GMT
> - I don't think it says anywhere explicitly that the
> namespace prefixes on the copied namespace nodes have to stay the
> same?

Yes because that's the _name_ of the node in that case.

This is clarified a bit in
http://www.w3.org/1999/11/REC-xslt-19991116-errata/ (E25)

>  So I'd write the above:
>
>  <foo select="x:bar" xmlns:x="http://www.baz.com"; />

ah but what if that was
 <foo select="{$x}" ...../>
where x was set from wherever, then filling in your ... gets to beinteresting.

> (or more probably declare the namespace on the xsl:stylesheet element
> to get it to be in scope throughout the document).

again. assuming you know the namespace when writing the sheet.

David

(there's an xsl:namespace suggestion in the 2.0 req's to make this easier)