[xsl] Re: paging question

Subject: [xsl] Re: paging question
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:04:56 -0800 (PST)
Hi Rachel,

> I am developing an XML search engine using vbscript in an ASP environment to
> find the desired results based on the user's search criteria. The results
> are written to a new xml file.  From the ASP search file I then call the new
> XML file and the corresponding XSL file.  This all works fine.  However, I
> wish to display the results in sets of 5 and I am having difficulty with the
> code.  I got the paging code from Dave Pawson's site but I can't seem to
> work it with my own XSL. I have include some sections of code, any
> suggestions that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. When I
> integrate code from my XSL file with the paging code available I wasn't
> getting anything on screen -no errors but no results either!.

1. You have to use the true XSLT namespace -- not the one for the obsolete MS dialect called "XSL
PAtterns".

2. Your progid will not create MSXML3 objects (unless a "replace mode" installation has been
performed) -- use "MSXML2.DOMDocument" instead.

3. For yet another example and explanation of positional grouping, see
http://www.vbxml.com/snippetcentral/main.asp?view=viewsnippet&id=v20010305005137
in the snippets zone of www.vbxml.com

Hope this helped.

Cheers,