[xsl] Merging two XML documents

Subject: [xsl] Merging two XML documents
From: Simon Reed <simon.reed@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:20:14 -0000
Being relatively new to xml I have come across a problem, which is as
follows:
What is the best method to merge and/or update 2 XML's with the same
structure. The merging/updating XML will only contain a section of a larger
XML it is to be merged into but the structure will be identical from the
root node. Examples are shown below:
XML to merge
<page>
	<type>
		<address>
			<addressline1>34 th Street</addressline1>
			<addressline2>USA</addressline2>
		</address>
	</type>
</page>
XML to merge into
<page>
	<order>
		<item cost="100">CD-ROM</item>
	</order>
	<type>
		<name>abc</name>
		<name>jkl</name>
		<name>mno</name>
		<name>pqr</name>
		<address>
			<addressline1>43 sdfsdf</addressline1>
		</address>
		<address>
			<addressline1>64 The Road</addressline1>
			<addressline2>Big City</addressline2>
			<addressline3>UK</addressline3>
		</address>
	</type>
</page>

any help that can be given would be much appreciated as I am having a
complete nightmare with this.

Thanks,

Simon Reed
WebX Limited.

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It may not represent the views of
WebX Limited. It is intended solely for the addressees.
Access to this E-Mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Any
unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately
of the error in transmission.