Re: [xsl] How to specify a path to a node in a nodeset using a variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to specify a path to a node in a nodeset using a variable
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:14:56 GMT
> In my scenario, $container is a nodeset, not a nodeset expression.

yes but '$container' is a string. You can use concat to join that to
a string representation of the rest of the XPath expression you want to
evaluate, then use saxon: or xalan: evaluate to evaluate the resulting
string as an XPath expression.

> Why can't we have a construct specifically for changing the current nodeset,
> in my previous email I gave two alternatives.

Well it depends whetehr you are discussing programming in XSLT or in a
future version. Both are reasonable subjects for this list, but you
get different answers depending on the context.

> Does this mailing list apply only to saxon?  Should I be posting
> somewhere else for Xalan.

No it's for XSLT in general. processor specific questions are best asked
elsewhere (both saxon and xalan have their pwn developers lists, I
believe)

David