RE: [xsl] How to disable escaping of '<' characters --- Additional Inforomation

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to disable escaping of '<' characters --- Additional Inforomation
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:48:59 -0000
> I am using XSL stylesheet to generate HTML output. The
> requirement I have is
> to compare two XML structures and highlight the difference.  The way I
> thought I can accomplish this is compare two DOM structures
> and whenever
> there is a difference, add high lighting HTML tags to the DOM
> & print the dom using XSLT.
>
> If there is a better solution, let me know.

The approach is reasonable, but adding text nodes that contain markup
characters isn't. Add element nodes instead.

Or alternatively, why not add processing instruction nodes to the tree, and
turn these into HTML highlighting instructions from your stylesheet? That
will make it much easier to modify the display style for changed sections.

Mike Kay
Software AG