Re: [exsl] Naming exsl:return/exsl:result (Was: Re: [xsl] Functional programming in XSLT)

Subject: Re: [exsl] Naming exsl:return/exsl:result (Was: Re: [xsl] Functional programming in XSLT)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:04:02 GMT
>This is for situations
> when the variable computation is complex enough that it cannot be
> written as a simple `select' attribute and has to written as a
> template.

but how do you propose that a template return such nodes?
If instead you use exsl:function then what was a template becomes a
function so you can put arbitrarily complex stuff into a single select.
select="my:function(xxx)" where my:function is defined by one of the
extension proposals in these threads.

David