RE: [xsl] Headers 'n Footers 'n XSL

Subject: RE: [xsl] Headers 'n Footers 'n XSL
From: "Jon Wynacht" <jwynacht@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:19:27 -0800
Ben,

This works great!

Thanks,

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Lors, Ben
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 1:32 PM
To: 'xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Here's how I've accomplished what you're talking about:

Put this code in your XSL file to pull in the header/footer file:

<xsl:include href="menu.xsl"/>

where "menu.xsl" is an XSL file that contains the header/footer that you
need.  Then, at the point where you need to actually insert the
header/footer, you'd have code like this:

<!-- Include menu file -->
                <xsl:call-template name="menu" />

Here's a sample of what menu.xsl might look like:

<xsl:template name="menu">
</xsl:template>

I'm pretty new to XSL (and just found this list today), but that's how I've
done what you're describing.

Ben Lors
Principal Financial Group
Des Moines, IA