Re: [xsl] Xalan-Java extensions

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xalan-Java extensions
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:48:00 GMT
   > I read on Apache's website that Microsoft's JScript is a
   > supported language
   > and I downloaded the necessary dll's

   > <msxsl:script language="JScript"
   >               implements-prefix="mynamespace">

   Xalan supports JavaScript, but it doesn't do it using Microsoft's
   <msxsl:script> element, it has its own syntax for binding the implementation
   of the extension functions.

   Mike Kay
   Software AG

That sounds pretty inconvenient. Wouldn't it be generally accepted as a
good thing if the WG could specify in some future version XSLT of a
common binding mechanism for this sort of thing.......