Re: [xsl] [XSLT] [Q] Recursion

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XSLT] [Q] Recursion
From: Jonathan Calvert <jonathan_calvert@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 05:32:47 -0800 (PST)
> Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:21:49 +0000
> From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> What's wrong with:

Absoultly nothing.  Thank you for the suggestion.

> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>

> <xsl:template match="RECORD">
>   <xsl:number level="any"/>
>   <xsl:text> </xsl:text>
>   <xsl:value-of select="INFO1"/>
>   <xsl:text>&#A;</xsl:text>
> </xsl:template>

> </xsl:stylesheet>

> No counting or recursion required: this is letting
> XSL's processing model do all the work.

This makes a lot of sense.  As M. Kay pointed out in a
later response, my excessive counting was probably the
cause for the performance decease, not the recursion.

> Was it the xsl:number instruction you forgot about?

Yes, to be honest I complete missed this instruction.
I told my boss that it had to be user error.  :)

> I'm assuming the processing model is not mysterious
> to you at this point. (If it is, let us know.)

I think I have a pretty decent idea of "what is what,"
but obviously I need to take a second look at each
instruction/element.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your suggestion.