[xsl] xsl:output question

Subject: [xsl] xsl:output question
From: "Roshan Sharma" <roshansharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 06:13:29

In order to control the output format from an xsl processor (xalan 1.1), I attempted to set PARAM display="'format_type'" on command line, where format_type is either of xml, text or html.

Is there any way to dynamically format xsl:output format and have
one style sheet control the result tree format? I tried having
<xsl:output method="xml"|"text"|"html" >, and I hoped to have the
right output if it is within <out> .. </out>. In stead, I get output
in text always.

My input.xml is of the format:

<customer name="a"
  contact-phone="blah"
  contact-person="john"
  revenue="blah"

  <location city="nyc" revenue="blah" />
  <location city="london" revenue="blah" />

  <customer name="b"
     contact-phone="asdf"
     contact-name="sadf"
     revenue="234" />