Re: [xsl] XSLT editor

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT editor
From: Simon Wickes <xmlgeek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 11:28:37 -0400
At 11:12 AM 4/3/01 -0400, Kevin Fricovsky wrote:
Can anyone suggest a really good XSLT editor. I hear "XML SPY" is really
good. Any other suggestions?

I have been using XML SPY for some time now, and think it is the best of the current crop. I love the XPath tools and the way you can easily swap out XSLT transformer.

Other ones to consider are:

Stylus from Exceloncorp (currently version 3 is in beta). This has a debugger, which is useful, but is lacking in other areas, notably, ease of use.

XML Cooktop from xmleverywhere.com. It is free, which is always nice, and has some very interesting built in code, but again has some usability issues.

All of these tools have their strengths and weaknesses, and I think that if the good aspects of each could somehow be combined, we would be on to a winner.

Simon

xmlgeek@xxxxxxxxx