Re: [xsl] count selected nodes in for-each

Subject: Re: [xsl] count selected nodes in for-each
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 11:28:55 +0100
Kristof:

At 03:49 PM 4/4/01, you wrote:
I have this for-each sequence that filters the data when select statement is
true.

<xsl:for-each
select="document('../../released_xml/news_xml_en/newsticker.xml')/News/Block
[@STARTDATE = '01']">
blabla
</xsl:for-each>

Now, I want to know into how many nodes this for-each results, with the
purpose to use that number in this selection:
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="previous_amount_nudes = 0">blabla</xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>

The number of nodes selected by a for-each instruction can be accessed by using the last() function (inside the for-each).

As for the number of nudes, you're on your own (not that I don't wish I was there with you).

Cheers,
Wendell