Re: [xsl] Absolute path for a DTD and a XSL sheet

Subject: Re: [xsl] Absolute path for a DTD and a XSL sheet
From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 12:29:34 -0500
At 09:34 2001 04 04 +0200, Joern Clausen wrote:

>Hi!
>
>On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 03:34:08PM +0200, Frdric SCHWEBEL wrote:
>
>> I know this is not XSL related, but since all my Cocoon and XML-related
>> friends are here :) I ask it here though :
>>
>> Each of my XML and XSL files has a dtd. There are different DTDs, some use
>> other DTDs and so on.
>
>This is probably the single most important reason that let's me hesitate
>to switch from SGML to XML. SGML has a nice standard for catalogs, which
>SP and psgml understand, so I can use PUBLIC identifiers.
>
>There is a proposal for XML Catalogs, see
>
>   http://home.ccil.org/~cowan/XML/XCatalog.html
>
>Does anybody know if this is considered to become a standard? Are there
>any parsers/tools that use it already, or will use it in the future, or
>which have come up with even a better solution to this problem?

OASIS is working toward standardizing an XML catalog [1].

There are already freely available implementations of various
catalog mechanisms [2], and I expect there will be such made
available for the OASIS stuff as soon as it is completed.

paul

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/
[2] http://www.arbortext.com/Think_Tank/XML_Resources/Issue_Three/issue_three.html