Re: [xsl] XSLT UK - the aftermath

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT UK - the aftermath
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:26:25 +0100
Hi Sebastian,

> The issue, to be serious, is whether enough happens in 6 months to
> talk about.

Well, there's some stuff that we didn't cover this time that would be
good to cover next time. In particular, we didn't see anything about
JAXP, the Cocoon application framework or really any
processor-specific stuff. It's really hard to keep up to date with the
various processors out there and it would be cool to have an
opportunity to learn more about them.

Also, it would be good to hear from people who are developing tools
for authoring XSLT (e.g. Stylus), or who are using XSLT in authoring
tools for XML (e.g. XMetaL).

For those of us interested in how XPath/XSLT develops, perhaps it
would be beneficial to time the next conference so that there are WDs
for XPath 2.0 & XSLT 2.0 to learn about and discuss.  I would have
thought there'd be WDs in 6 months time?

And then there's sharing of practical experience of using XML & XSLT
in the real world. It's certainly the case that in 6 months we'll have
6 months more experience to share :)

So I don't think there would be a problem with getting material for a
2/3 day conference in 6 months time.

> PS seen http://www.tug.org/~krisrose/xslt-uk-01/picture-022.html, Jeni?

... Good thing that I know that beneath that dour (you look almost
terrified) exterior you were *incredibly* amused by whatever it was I
was saying.

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison