[xsl] Using Xlink and XPointer with XSLT

Subject: [xsl] Using Xlink and XPointer with XSLT
From: Jens Schäfers <schaefers@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:27:50 +0200
Hello,

I have a question regarding the use of XLink and XPointer with XSLT.

My XML document A uses XLinks and XPointer to refer to external elements
and attributes of another XML document B.

I want my XSLT stylesheet to use these links to access elements and
attributes in XML document B when processing XML document A.

Is this possible?

I hope it is, because as far as I know I cant use id-references when
accessing elements across documents. Using entities is not an option,
because there can be  arbitrary numbers of XML documents of type B with
different filenames. XML document A would become to big to handle.

Thanks for help,

Jens Schaefers