Re: [xsl] Reluctant question on start lines

Subject: Re: [xsl] Reluctant question on start lines
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:36:40 +0100
  I had asked about the namspace files and according to the replies
  <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  xmlns:xsl="<http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform>"
             ^                                    ^
  xmlns:fo="<http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format>">
             ^                                ^
 should be my starting line.

You don't want those <> which would make the file non well formed.
But I note they are not in your sample code.

  However my xsl:
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

That's fine although you don't really want the
 xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
as you are generating HTML not XSL-FO.

  I have downloaded MSXSML3.0 and installed it (it installed itself
  using an installer) I am using XMLSPY

Your stylesheet looks OK, (It's a little weird but ought to work)
 so i can only assume that you have MSXML3
incorrectly installed and teh system is using an older DLL that only
supports the microsoft specific wd-xsl namespace.
Check out the faq at www.netcruicible.com to see if there's any help
there.

David