Re: [xsl] XML source with DOCTYPE declaration

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML source with DOCTYPE declaration
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 00:57:29 +0100
> Ah -- so the namespace _declaration_ is there in the DTD regardless of
> whether you allow for prefixes?

I lied in my last reply. Technically you could keep the default no
prefix settings but set
<!ENTITY % XHTML.xmlns "">
in a local subset,  this would add xmlns="" to everything, which would
take it all out of any namespace.

but you could just as easily set
 <!ENTITY % html.qname    "helloworld" >
which would change the name of the top level element from html to
<helloworld>

Changing namespace names is just like changing element names.
It's easy to do, but there's no reason to suppose a stylesheet that
matched the old name will match the new one.

David